- 1). Unscrew the antenna from the base and set it aside.
- 2). Detach the interior light assembly. To do this, insert a flathead screwdriver or small key into the notch located at the front of the light. Gently pry the light assembly free from its housing.
- 3). Disconnect the wires from the light assembly and set it aside. They will simply unplug.
- 4). Remove the screws holding the light housing in place with a Phillips screwdriver. Set the housing aside.
An example of a six-pointed star.pretty star on a christmas-tree image by Maria Brzostowska from Fotolia.com
Use a torx screwdriver to remove the screw holding the antenna base in place. The screw will have a notch shaped like a six-pointed star.
- 6). Remove the antenna base from the exterior of the car and replace it with a new one.
- 7). Screw the base into place using the torx screwdriver.
- 8). Replace the light housing with the Phillips screwdriver and light assembly by popping it back in place.
- 9). Screw the antenna into the new housing.