Preparation tips for setting aboard
- Research and research- Searching thoroughly the place you are going to and understanding the culture is crucial. Use internet and take note of important locations, such as shops near your residence, pharmacy stores, hospitals, important streets, transportation facilities and food hubs. These will help you in initial settlement.
- Get vital contacts- Noting down important contact numbers of your college's reception or administration, ambulance, and police. Most importantly, do not forget to note down the contact number of your country's embassy.
- Get in touch with the local folks- It is great if you have an acquaintance in the country you are moving to. Take a note of their address, e-mail ID and contact numbers.
- Start packing- It is one of the most important tasks when moving to a new place. Take all kinds of clothes, but do not forget to include the suitable clothing of weather during which you are moving. Pack all necessary items, and take enough things, so you don't have to shop for the first few weeks. Do not cross the weight limit you are allowed to carry with you.
- Take cash- Carry enough cash, in the suitable currency, so there is no immediate need of drawing money from ATM.
- Travel insurance- Make sure of your travel insurance and how it is used.
- Welcome aboard- Travel safe in a plane. Do not be afraid of asking anything from airport staff. If you are facing problem regarding reaching your college accommodation, call reception or admin of your college.
- Unpack and rest- Once you reach the destination, unpack your stuff and settle down. Take rest to get rid of your jet lag.
Explore, follow laws and have fun! - Explore the world around with a travel guide. Do not infringe any state law. Study well and have fun!
Search through online consultancies to find more about settling in dorm lives or to get a list of universities and colleges in UAE.